What’s in a name?
Your favorite characters from the series may have had a different name altogether: Hermione Puckle, Neville Puff, Draco Spinks, Lily Moon, Madhari Patil, and Mati Patil.
The journey we all embarked along with Harry Potter is irreplaceable. We didn’t just become Potterheads, but also lived our lives vicariously through all the different characters. The world of magic became our world, and Hogwarts felt like home. For HP fans all across the world, being this involved wasn’t a matter of obsession; it was a necessity.
So, why not channelize the desire to carry on the legacy of our beloved story? By getting a HP tattoo, you’re not only proclaiming your love and affection for the series, but are also immortalizing it. With hundreds of tattoo designs and ideas to choose from, we thought about giving you inspiration to get one for yourself. Here are 13 amazing tattoo designs for Harry Potter fans.
Cool Harry Potter Tattoo Ideas
It may seem next to impossible to narrow down your options of getting the tattoo. But remember, whichever design you choose, the story we love will live on you forever.
Hogwarts Crest Tattoo
Harry Potter Tattoos on Fingers
Harry Potter Quotes Tattoos
Harry Potter Phoenix Bird and Gryffindor Crest Tattoo on Ribs
Harry Potter Spells Tattoos
Snitch Tattoo on Calf
Harry Potter ‘Always’ Tattoos
Harry Potter Logo Tattoo on Shoulder Blade
Deathly Hallows Tattoos
Hedwig Tattoo on Thigh
Platform 9 ¾ Tattoos
Harry Potter Flying Key Tattoo on Sleeve
Harry Potter Scar Tattoos
Now that we have the design ideas in order, let’s quickly go over some important tips for when you do get it done:
- Find an experienced and licensed tattoo artist.
- Know what kind of a tattoo you want, and don’t seem unsure when you’re at the parlor.
- Don’t haggle about the price. If the artist is truly talented, you should want to pay for it.
- Prepare yourself mentally, wear clean clothes, eat a good meal before you go to get the tattoo, and do not be drunk.
- If you do bring someone with you, for moral support, make sure the friend is quiet; it’s really distracting for the artist.
- Yes, getting a tattoo is painful, especially when you’re getting one with a lot of nerves.
Be original with your tattoo.
Through J.K. Rowling’s storytelling, she let us into the world of Harry Potter, making it the cornerstone of many of our childhoods. The books have taught us that there is always somewhere we can go, a place we love, and where we can be safe. And if the books can have such an impact on us, imagine what the tattoos can do. Wherever you are, if you’ve got that tattoo inked, you’ve got a place where you can go and be happy.